Assure windows and doors
Assure is an official ‘Competent Persons Scheme’ authorised by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
Installers of windows and doors can now join ‘Assure’, an official competent persons scheme, to self-certify window and door installations, instead of getting building regulations approval for each individual installation.
From June 2014, the self certification requirements changed for installers wishing to self-certify their work:
Installers and surveyors will have to demonstrate their Minimal Technical Competences (MTCs). Every customer must be given independant financial support. From July 2013, EU legislation requires that all windows and doors be CE marked.
Through the Assure competent persons scheme you can:
- Prove your MTCs with branded ID cards.
- Provide your customers with the assure insurance-backed guarantee, unless you already have one in place.
- Access to FREE NVQs (whilst funding is available).
- Update your industry knowledge with CPD (continuous professional development) seminars and bulletins.
- Prove the energy performance of your windows and doors with an energy ratings calculator (for VEKA and Halo users).
- Have Building Regulation Compliance certificates sent direct to your customers.
What does ‘Assure’ mean for your customers?
…A greater level of protection.
High quality windows and doors can be a significant investment for homeowners.
You could offer your customers the confidence they require by becoming an Assure-certified installer.
When they choose an Assure-certified company, homeowners will be assured that:
- Their installation complies with Building Regulations.
- Windows are the Energy Rated ones they ordered.
- All Installers and Surveyors are fully qualified and regularly audited to ensure that they are up to date with the latest regulations and practices.
- The installation is covered by an insurance-backed guarantee.
- A sample selection of installations is independently audited to ensure the highest standards are being upheld.
Assure windows and doors: self certification that works for fabricators, installers and homeowners.