Assure FAQs

We’ve included a number of assure FAQs below, but we’d be happy to answer any questions you have that are not covered here. Simply get in touch via the contact us page.

What is a Competent Persons Scheme?
Competent Person Schemes (CPS) were introduced by the UK government to allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work complies with the Building Regulations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using an approved inspector for each installation within England and Wales.

Installers must undergo inspections and provide a wide range of evidence to prove they meet the requirements of the scheme. They will be audited at least once per year.

How do the Building Regulations affect homeowners?
If Building Regulations are not complied with, the work carried out will not be legal and the local authority could insist it be put right at the homeowner’s own expense.

If work is not completed by a certified installer from a Competent Person Scheme such as ‘Assure’, there will be no record that the work complies with Building Regulations which can cause significant problems when it comes to selling the property.

What is required of me in order to become an Assure-certified installer?

  • You must have public liability insurance of at least £2 million
  • You must have employee liability insurance of at least £10 million
  • The law requires all Installers and Surveyors must be qualified to at least MTC by June 2014, we can assist you with this.
  • You must be able to provide Insurance Backed Guarantees for your installations or you may use ours
  • You must have a robust complaints procedure or you may adopt ours

What inspection process must I go through in order to become registered with Assure?

  • All inspections consist of a head office audit and inspection of live installations.
  • Evidence of MTC and CPD needs to be presented.
  • Products will be checked for CE Marking.
  • Evidence of Insurance-Backed Guarantee.
  • Evidence of compliance to current ‘U’ values/Energy Ratings.
  • You will be audited at least once a year to ensure continuous high standards are upheld.

How will my customers know that I am registered with Assure and that I meet all the compliance requirements?
You will have access to branded literature, van stickers and showroom banners. You will also be placed on our website.

Who runs assure?
Network VEKA is the body authorised by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) to operate a competent persons scheme.
‘Assure’ is the scheme offered by this organisation.

As an installer, why should I choose ‘Assure’ over any other Competent Person Scheme?
Assure offers a comprehensive, competitive solution for installers which includes:

  • Proof of competence.
  • A means of accessing FREE  NVQs.
  • GQA accredited ID cards.
  • BFRC endorsed WER calculator (VEKA and Halo customers only).
  • Access to the Assure insurance-backed guarantee, unless you already have one in place.
  • Option to apply for Green Deal Certification.

What do I do if I have a complaint
Please click this link to view our complaints procedure [more]

Member Login

Forgot Password?

Join Us