How it works…
How does Assure benefit installers and homeowners?
Assure windows and doors is an official Competent Persons Scheme authorised by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
It offers a cost-effective and straight-forward route to compliance that works for fabricators, installers and homeowners.
All Assure-certified installers have undergone rigorous vetting and auditing to ensure they meet the high standards required by the scheme. They must follow strict guidelines and prove that they maintain consistently high standards in order to remain in the scheme and continue to self-certify their work. All members of the Assure scheme will be regularly audited at least once every year, and are required to keep the Assure head office updated of any relevant changes within their business.
Homeowners can rest assured that installations of replacement windows, doors, roof lights and roof windows carried out by an Assure-certified installer comply with Building Regulations.
Assure also allows homeowners to relax in the knowledge that their windows are proven to be of the energy rating they ordered.
Registering with Assure offers installers a large number of benefits:
- Self-certification for compliance to Building Regulations.
- Registration of installations with the Local Authority.
- Optional knowledge assessment for installers and surveyors (In order to demonstrate Minimum Technical Competences).
- Installers and surveyors placed on the GQA skills card register.
- Access to free Level 2 NVQ qualifications.
- Access to Insurance-backed guarantees.
- Technical and arbitration helpline.
- Access to Green Deal Certification.
- Personal and friendly support team.
Find out more by contacting our team here.